By agreeing to donate to SikhNet via eCheck (ACH) debit, an individual becomes a "Donor" and agrees to be bound by the terms and provisions of this "Donor Agreement."
The Donor agrees to and accepts the terms and conditions of each of the paragraphs below:
1. The Donor represents that he/she has read and agrees to all of the terms of this Donorship Agreement. The Donor warrants and represents that he/she (i) is over 18 years of age, (ii) is using a valid US or Canadian bank account, and (iii) is authorized to use the bank account as stated in this Donor Agreement.
2. The following transactions, fees and charges may be incurred by the Donor:
Canadian ACH transactions: The Donor is responsible for paying US dollar-denominated pricing in Canadian dollars when using a Canadian bank account to make purchases via SikhNet. Donor agrees to a currency exchange conversion at SikhNet's discretion. Donor understands and agrees that all amounts are reflected in US dollars. Donor agrees to bear any burden of changes in exchange rates on recurring transactions.
3. Unless and until this Donor Agreement is cancelled in accordance with the terms hereof, Donor hereby authorizes SikhNet to debit Donor's checking and or savings account, as indicated by the Donor, to pay the donation amount and any other ongoing costs. Donor must promptly inform SikhNet of the following: (i) changes to the account information used in connection with this agreement; (ii) changes in home or billing address(es); and (iii) apparent breaches of security, such as loss, theft, or unauthorized disclosure or use of an ID or password. Until SikhNet is notified by electronic or conventional mail of such a breach of security, the Donor will remain liable for any unauthorized charges. SikhNet disclaims and the Donor agrees to indemnify and hold SikhNet harmless from any and all damage or loss arising from a breach of security.
4. Payment Methods.
Donor authorizes single and/or recurring payments to be made (a) thought the use of the ACH network, and (b) through the use of a paper draft.
(a) ACH Authorization: If your payments are made by ACH/electronic debit you agree to the following: Recurring payments will be made automatically on or after the completion of the initial period relating to your first payment. The authority you give SikhNet to charge your account with an ACH debit will remain in effect until you notify us as required in the CANCELLATIONS section of the Terms and Conditions. If the amount of your payment changes, we will notify you at least 10 days before payment date using the e-mail address we have on file. Should your payment be returned for non-sufficient funds (NSF), we reserve the right to re-deposit the payment up to 2 times in accordance with banking rules and regulations. Returned items such as NSF (insufficient funds), bank account closed, invalid account number, etc. are subject up to a $25 dollar handling fee, payable to SikhNet which may (i) be electronically debited through the ACH network for collection, (ii) processed through the banking system as a paper draft or (iii) passed on to a collection agency.
(b) Paper Draft: If your payments are made by paper draft you agree to the following: Recurring payments will be made automatically on or after the completion of the initial period relating to your first payment. You authorize SikhNet to print paper drafts in your name made payable to SikhNet. This authority will remain in effect until you notify us as required in the CANCELLATIONS section of the Terms and Conditions. Should your paper draft be returned for non-sufficient funds (NSF), we reserve the right to re-deposit the payment up to 2 times in accordance with banking rules and regulations. Drafts returned for NSF (insufficient funds), account closed, invalid account number, or any other return reason are subject up to a $25 dollar handling fee, payable to SikhNet which may (i) be electronically debited through the ACH network for collection, (ii) processed through the banking system as a paper draft or (iii) passed on to a collection agency.
(c) Pre-notifications: SikhNet will attempt to validate Donor's bank account by sending a pre-notification to the Donor's bank or financial institution in advance of an actual debit.
Canceling a recurring donation is very easy and the Donor can do so at anytime. Donors may cancel their gift at any time by giving at least 72 hours notice to SikhNet via email to email@example.com Notice needs to be provided in ample time for SikhNet to cancel recurring billings. Cancellation will prevent future billing of recurring Donations.
5. DUPLICATE CHARGES: SikhNet has attempted to eliminate all duplicate charges on the same day for the same site. SikhNet is prepared to investigate duplicate billings and assist the Donor in connection with such duplicate billings.
In order for SikhNet to assist the Donor with a duplicate billing, the Donor should fax a copy of the Donor's bank statement to 866-659-7060 and circle the disputed charges. Once SikhNet confirms that the Donor was, in fact, mistakenly charged, SikhNet will immediately re-credit the bank account or issue a refund check. SikhNet's financial obligation for duplicate charges does not exceed the actual dollar amount debited by SikhNet over a three (3) month period.
The Donor's fax to SikhNet regarding a duplicate charge should contain the following information so that SikhNet may process the request quickly and properly:
1. Copy of original receipt from the billing site
2. Copy of all relevant statements - be sure to circle the disputed charge(s)
3. The Donor's e-mail address
4. The Donor's snail mail address in case a refund check has to be mailed
5. Date or dates of duplicate charges on the same day
6. FRAUDULENT CHARGE - Any fraudulent charges that are reported to SikhNet are immediately investigated . The bank account information contained within the fraud report may be blocked from use on other Internet sites. SikhNet captures the IP address of each user in order to identify and locate the source where the transaction was initiated. SikhNet cooperates fully with local and Federal authorities to help convict any person or persons involved in fraudulent or illegal activities.
Donors agree to fax a copy of bank statements to 866-659-7060 and circle the alleged fraudulent charges. Once SikhNet has investigated the fraudulent activity, SikhNet will notify the Donor of its' findings and provide information regarding what actions were taken. SikhNet is not responsible for any loss or damage arising in connection with any alleged or actual fraudulent charge.
7. The Donor hereby warrants and represents that he/she is over the age of 18, and in all respects is qualified and competent to enter into this Donor Agreement.
8. This Agreement contains the entire agreement between the Donor and SikhNet and supersedes all prior written and oral understandings and writings and may only be amended upon notice by SikhNet to Donors. Unless otherwise explicitly stated, the provisions of this Agreement shall survive its termination. The Agreement shall be governed pursuant to the laws of the United States and the State of Texas. Exclusive venue for any dispute arising under this Donorship Agreement shall be in the County of Travis, State of Texas.
SikhNet provides real-time ACH (electronic checking) transactions securely on the Internet. All financial information is kept strictly confidential and secure - we never rent or sell your e-mail address to anyone. If you intend to defraud SikhNet by using someone else's banking information, leave this site immediately. We will prosecute anyone committing, or attempting to commit bank fraud to the fullest extent of the law. SikhNet will report any misuse of banking information and Donors who fraudulently charge back billing to its FRAUD GUARD database. This database can prevent the use of this bank account on other Internet sites. SikhNet will hold abusers of site privileges criminally and punitively accountable for all fraudulent actions.
If you have any questions or comments, please email us or visit our Website.